Mooshy bananas? It's ok, it happens to the best of us. Honestly, I don't even love bananas, but I DO love this banana bread, so when my husband bought EIGHT (yup, eight) bananas and didn't eat any of them, I knew I had the goods. Just because they're too "mooshy" to eat, doesn't mean they have to go in the trash. Actually, this means they're JUST RIGHT for the easiest (and tastiest) banana bread! I'm talking only one bowl, easy! So let's get baking!
PREP TIME: 10 MINUTES
BAKE TIME: 30-45 MINUTES
2-3 Bananas (very ripe)
1 large Egg
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
3/4 cups Sugar
1 1/2 cups All Purpose Flour
1 tsp Baking Soda
A Pinch of Salt
1 tbsp Cinnamon & Sugar mixed
1. Pre-heat oven to 350°F (175°C) and prepare your loaf pan (like mine) by greasing it with butter or Pam.
2.In a medium size bowl, mash the peeled bananas using a fork until smooth. Once smooth, add egg and vanilla extract, and mix. Leave your hard-to-wash mixer in the cabinet, you can do all of this with a fork!
3. Stir in sugar, salt, baking soda, and flour. Use a rubber spatula to fold all of your ingredients together and mix well.
4. Pour the batter into the loaf pan, filling it about 3/4 of the way (this allows room for your banana bread to rise). Sprinkle your cinnamon sugar mix evenly over the top of your loaf. Because my loaf pans are a little smaller, I used 2 pans, meaning I have 2 smaller loaves to enjoy!
5. Bake for 30-45 minutes. Check that status of your banana bread by poking a toothpick into the center, if it comes out clean, they're done! If it comes out with batter, continue to let them cook. Depending on how big your loaf pan is will determine how long they will need to cook. Because my batter gets separated into 2 pans, it only requires about 30 minutes.
6. Allow your banana bread to cool before eating.
Top Tip: If you like a crispy crust (like I do!). allow the banana bread to cool...in the oven. Yes, you read that right. Turn off your oven and leave the door ajar as the bread cools. This will allow all the condensation to dissipate with the heat rather than make your crust soggy.
Enjoy warm with butter and a tea!
Have tips for tweaking this recipe to make it even better? Share with us in the comments. If you love it, share it!